Copyright © Vista's Broadway Theater
340 East Broadway Vista, California 92084
BOX OFFICE: (760) 806-7905
COST: $200.00 for the two week session. A $50.00 NON-REFUNDABLE 'hold my slot' fee will be charged upon registration.
This fee will then be applied to final total of the registration 2 weeks prior to the start of camp.
This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable
AGES: 7 to 14 years of age. (Must be 7 years of age on the first day of camp).
Camp is open from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Early drop off at 9:00 a.m. is available for an additional $5.00 a day.
As of 9:30 a.m. - April 25th - this camp IS FULL. If you would like to get on our waiting list,
you can email us at email@example.com.
FILMING DAY: August 13th -- All campers receive a FREE DVD of their show
It's that time of year when Halloween meets Christmas and the fun begins!
You can register your child ON LINE by using the REGISTRATION FORM on the right side of this page or you can register over the phone - 7 days a week - from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (760) 806-7905
Other things you need to know:
1) Your child does NOT have to be vaccinated to participate in this performance workshop. Temperatures will be taken before each class with our touchless thermometer before the actor can enter the rehearsal space. Only the kids in the workshop will be allowed in the theater. However, Mom and Dad may walk them to the check in table located outside to sign them in every week.
2) Everyone will be required to wear a mask during the rehearsals AND performance on the last day.
3) Each session will be limited to no more than 20 kids and everyone will be assigned a chair that they will use from week to week. We have 60 total chairs in the Broadway Theater and we are able to maintain adequate spacing for the workshop kids while seated in the audience.
4) There will be no LIVE AUDIENCE the day the kids perform. Their show will be filmed - with sets and costumes - on the Sunday following the final Saturday of class. A complimentary copy of the show will be emailed to the parents so the whole family can enjoy it in your home.
5) Until further notice, we will no longer be selling any snacks or water. These must be brought to the rehearsals by the actor.
6) As the Director, it will be my job to make sure that when I put the show together following social distancing guidelines. For the foreseeable future, actors will no longer be allowed to touch on stage. This includes scene work and choreography.
7) CLEANING: The theater; the actor’s chairs and restrooms will be sanitized prior to the arrival of each session of kids. During the two and hours the kids are with us, the restrooms are cleaned on the hour.
8) Below are the items your child needs to provide every week:
A Small snack.
A water bottle.
3 ring binder (for their script).
Two sharpened pencils.
Crayons and colored markers for craft projects.
Scissors for craft projects.
Hand Sanitizer. We have a TON of it, but we would like the kids to provide as well.
WORKSHOP Registration Form
Area marked with a red (*) must be filled out completely.
Our 2021 Summer Drama Camps.
Additional information about our 2021 Summer Drama Camps - including dates - can be found below.
To register your child for one of the camps you can call our offices on the day registration begins - OR - use the registration form below.
(760) 806-7905 or (760) 505-6839
NOTE: Due to Covid 19 restrictions, there are several changes in the 2021 camps that you need to be aware of. Things are moving so quickly right now that information from the state changes from day to day. As major changes come up we will post them on this page.
Details about how we are structuring our 2021 camps under Covid 19 guidelines can be found by clicking the links below
Workshops / Camps We began our Workshops 30 years ago AND our summer Drama Camp program came about 15 years ago. There would be no camps if it weren't for the Workshop format. We pride ourselves on giving the kids MORE crafts, and MORE fun, yet we still charge LESS than any other youth program.
Co-owners Randall Hickman and Douglas Davis both come from very large families. They know that your child’s extra-curricular activity should not break a working family’s budget.
ON STAGE Performance Workshop Everything old is new again!
Over the past couple of months Doug and I have been trying to figure out how we can get the younger ones involved in theater again without having endless rehearsals after school for several weeks straight. And then, of course, there is the safety issue with Covid still hanging on. Almost simultaneously we both brought up the our original 'SATURDAY PERFORMANCE WORKSHOP' format. While some things will have to change, being in a show and taking a craft home every week remains
the same. And the best part? When you sign your child up...
they are in the show! The first day we assign roles; hand out scripts and we are off and running! The second week we start putting their show together! Check out what we have in store below
and we hope to see your child back this fall!
AGES: 7 to 14 years of age
CLASS SIZE: 20 kids per each session
COST: $175.00 per child
DATES: December 2, 3, 9, 10, 16 and 17
TIME: 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
San Diego County's BIGGEST little theater!
Every day the campers are with us, we will watch a Disney animated movie and all of the crafts and activities will be based around that movie.
The camp Directors will be Mr. Randy, Mr. Doug and Mr. Tommy.
If you pay for all 4 days the cost is $100.00 per child. That breaks down to $4.16 per hour. If you choose to participate in 1, 2, or 3 days only, the cost is $40.00 per day.
You will need to send with your child the following items daily:
1) Two Small snacks. For an additional $10.00, we will provide your child with a pre-packaged snack - twice a day - for the four days they are with us
2) A water bottle.
3) Two sharpened pencils.
4) Crayons and colored markers for craft projects.
5) Scissors for craft projects.
6) Hand Sanitizer. We have a TON of it, but we would like the kids to provide as well.
All crafts will be provided by the camp.
We are so excited to try something new and we KNOW your kids will love it. Camp size is limited so enroll early to secure a slot. You can register on line by using the registration form below, or you can call the Broadway Theater Offices between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.daily to register over the phone. (760) 806-7905
ADDITIONAL THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1) Temperatures will be taken daily as the kids arrive.
2) Every camper and staff member will be required to wear a mask during the day except during snack and lunch time.
3) CLEANING: The Theater; the actor’s chairs and restrooms will be sanitized prior to the arrival of the kids each day. We have a professional fogger that we use for the space. Restrooms are cleaned and sanitized on the hour while the kids are with us.